Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Funky mood

Not funky like feel like breaking loose with some retro moves, just in a funk, down and out.

As always, I will be ok.

My mother is not doing so well. She has been fitting which is unusual for her despite her having lived with Epilepsy for many years now. Trivial piece of information- Epilepsy comes in different forms and my mothers to date has not been of the fitting variety. She has however, been trialling a new medication for her Skitzophrenia (yes I know, she's not a lucky bird), and I really feel that this must be the problem because the 'fitting' coincidentally began shortly after starting the new med.Anyway to cut it short because I'm not in a cyber mood of late and just don't have the energy, things have got worse to the point that she can no longer stay at home by herself as she has been collapsing suddenly and is at risk.

My father works full time so I will have her here with me for a couple of days from tomorrow onwards and after a fair bit of prompting, much to my relief, he is reaching out to everyone and seeking assistance at least for the next couple of weeks. The doctors are aware and are running various tests (more could be done in my opinion but thats a whole other story) so it's just a waiting game at the moment. This is all new so it's too early to think long term but I'm worried about where this is all leading for Mum foremost and selfishly...for the rest of us.

Happier days are ahead, I know it but for now, the funk cloud lingers..

No comments:

Post a Comment