Friday, March 20, 2009

She's the same as me!

www.baconismyenemy.com

If I didn't know any better, I would've thought we were twins even though we look completely different to each other. Giyen blogs her journey with weight battles and depression, both of which have become almost like old friends in her life as have they have in mine. No longer something to fight off but to just love, learn about and deal with.

I often talk to or hear people describing depression and it is like in the movies when you see one of those silly women beating up a mans chest, taking out her anger and sadness on him whilst he grips her arms with such strength that she eventually wears down and relents at which point, he takes her into his arms. I feel like I was once in repeat mode, pounding away and hating my weight and depression, wanting it to just go so I could be 'normal'. At some point though, I pressed play and relented, let myself feel and breathe and just be. Learn it, love it, live it should be my motto! Best thing I ever did, life is a tonne easier these days.

1 comment:

  1. Giyen is profound and funny at the same time, a really good combination. I really like her blog too. You are so right about those depression cliches. How do sufferers cope when there is still such a lack of understanding about this illness? It seems that everybody has to find his or her own way and I am glad that you have found yours. It can be difficult to accept ones self though - warts and all. Learn it, love it, live it. I like it. More power to you:-)

    ReplyDelete