Sunday, January 25, 2009

The 'house' above



You may be wondering what that 'house' is doing there at the top of my profile?

Darren's Nanna and Poppa ( he has long since left us), lived here and it still stands today on the farm in Griffith. Here they raised their sons, Barry (Darren's father) and Graeme. Both sons stayed, married and built their own houses on the farm. Here they had their children. Darren left the farm at 18 years old to go to Uni here in Sydney.

I know lots of sketchy details about this house but I would rather do a little research so I can fill you in.

I just love old buildings and houses, love them! As we drive to Griffith, one of my favourite past times has been looking at the old and delapidated buildings along the way. I wonder what is the history of each one, who lived there and what did they do, how did they live?

I plan to put a new pic up the top from time to time, sometimes as a talking point or sometimes merely because I like it.

With the recent weather being up to and over 40 degrees celsius, I cannot imagine living in a house like that. Bring on the air con!

Oh and one more thing. Down the left hand side of my blog entries I have posted my youtube clips which I will add to with time. The xtreme tobogganing is me at 24 weeks pregnant trying to find a lame slope so as not to do any harm...it was certainly a lame slope.

2 comments:

  1. I have just heard on the news in Suffolk, England, that Australia is forecast to have its hottest summer for a centrury! We are lucky if it gets to 25c here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melbournes temps have hit 43-44 in the last couple of days, it's been a fair bit nicer up here. We were hit witht he extreme heat over a week ago. Now who is 'left'?

    ReplyDelete