Thursday, January 22, 2009

Old Chums

My dear husband has just informed me that the guy we have staying with us was deemed 'creepy' by an ex flatmate of his. I had been feeling a little weirded out myself only to find that I am not alone there. He has made several offhand seedy comments, not necessarily directed at me but nethertheless, it's a little disconcerting. Daz thinks he's perfectly harmless and asked me what I felt threatened by. Nothing really, stupid, I just don't want him feeling it's ok to be within slapping distance whilst asking me how my day was or practically breathing in my ear as he shows me his artwork (admittedly quite good) on his website.

It's endearing my husbands loyalty to his friends and his genuine surprise and quick defense at the possibility that his friends may have some shortcomings. Hey, I'm cool, I can hold my own but I like to point out the obvious, which Darren, now enlightened, finds rather amusing.

On another note, we went to Bondi today for lunch with our friend down from Brisbane. She has the funniest little 17 month old son. He was a handful though and it has reminded me of what is ahead. I mean, don't look now but the little guy has BOTH his hands in your $5 apple, pineapple and mint juice (which, by the way,was sensational)! It was great though to catch up with an old friend, made me realise how sad it is to not have her around so much these days.

2 comments:

  1. You paid $5 for a juice?! If all you get for a fiver is a juice what does a twenty get you? A cookie? Crisis? What crisis?! Good times seem to be rolling on in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww i love the pics of Noah on the beach! he always seems such a happy baby :-)
    Did Adrian enjoy the water? Charlotte always insists there is a pool whenever i am booking a holiday, they would get on great i'm sure!
    Shaz is off to Bondi beach so i read somewhere, wouldnt it have been funny to meet up lol I take it there is only one??
    I will be stalking your blog from now on :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete