Thursday, September 22, 2011

On the mend?

Sooo what is this - day 7 or 8 of not being able to taste or smell? I am all but shoving my nose into things to smell them, like the steam that burnt my nostrils as I tried getting a whiff of my black coffee. Nothing. Boy am I missing my taste buds! I am craving all things chilli and garlic.

My head is pounding from all the sinus pressure BUT I've seen my GP this time and she's put me on antibiotics. She also recommended I use a wheat pack for my neck and gave me a list of exercises to do. Fingers crossed it all works! Next week begins our school holidays for a fortnight so I'd like to enjoy them together. The first week the 13 year old is off to camp so the evenings are mine and the husbands after the wee ones have hit the sack, I'm picturing quiet evening meals and the odd margarita..or two. Amen.

As for the littlest, he is responding well to the ventolin and was administered his last dose of steroids this morning so we'll keep going with the ventolin until Sunday with a visit to check on him at our GP on Saturday. He HATES the ventolin thingy, poor boy screams through the whole ordeal each time.

I am off to try and get some shut eye before the small ones wake.


















No comments:

Post a Comment