Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sick of being sick

I really think six days without being able to taste and smell is a form of cruelty. It's day 6 and now my ears are blocked as well, does that make it worse? But on the back of the 2 months of us all being unwell, the universe thought it would kick me while I'm down and hand me a neck spasm (whatever that is, really). This so called neck spasm started last Thursday- a week ago tomorrow, it got better on Friday and by Saturday afternoon I could barely move and just cried and cried, I must have looked really ugly too, it was that sort of buck teeth lower lip protruding sort of cry. Anyway, then we were all drugged up and went to the Botanic Gardens the next day. A beautifully sunny day and amidst Noah's persistent screams and tantrums (do NOT take a 2 year old out and avoid the crucial day nap, well not my 2 year old anyway!!!!), we had a reasonable day. We got out right? I thought, this is it, we have well and truly entered Spring, the illnesses will fade away, we'll all get better and move on, go places, see people!

Wrong! Flynn and I traipsed back into hospital yesterday morning, he was given steroids again and then back he went again today to have yet more steroids and ventolin to take home. He doesn't seem any better than yesterday. And because of the drugs filtering through my system, I have been unable to breastfeed which I had been offering more regularly with Flynn being sick so he has not been breastfed since Saturday. It's not really a bad thing, I was weaning anyway and down to one feed a day until he got sick but at the same time, despite him being unwell, he has been eating and drinking almost like normal so I don't feel he's missing out on much. He is my earliest weaner (that's a little bit funny) of the 3 boys, his 18 months compared to their 2 years plus. I'm totally cool with that, we're both ready.

I'm really very lonely. In between illnesses these past couple of months, I've tried so hard to get out and do things but it's always so short lived. Making friends is really at a stand still and remains difficult because of the lack of consistency. Making friends is really a whole other post that I've been meaning to write about for a while now and how difficult that can be depending on your circumstances in the adult world. Next post perhaps.

Taking my sad sack self away for now. Until next time, hopefully a cheerier Rch will present.


No comments:

Post a Comment