Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Our little secret

Well I really think it is because I post too infrequently for this blog to pick up speed and gain popularity of any sort that I can share my 'secret'.

Since the beginning of the year I have lost 12 kilos, more than a third of my goal weight has been lost! This is big in Rch news. I spent 10 years putting on weight, sometimes losing a bit but then putting it back on again. I don't want to keep saying this is it as I have said before, I'll just prove it but I thought 12 kilos was a good time to finally come and share. I really should hunt down photos of before and current.

Strange I know that I would label it a secret when the people around me can see weight loss but I don't want to go on about it, I just want to do it and there will be a few people shocked when after some time they see me and my shrunk butt.

Two weeks ago I walked into a gym to sign up on a month by month basis (no commitment) but with the severity of the illness overwhelming us, I haven't started yet. The day I start my first class is the day I start my 'contract' so I haven't wasted any money fortunately. So i just need to get a little better and have this darn neck heal. I suppose the most prominent thing about this year and my weight loss is that I haven't taken anything too seriously. Some days I want to just be and just eat. So I do. I have to tell the Dazzler not to reprimand me for eating chocolate or sometimes 'overindulging' because I'm not falling off the horse, I'm just enjoying and living. Most of the time, I'm striving toward my ultimate weight loss goal and sometimes I'm having a day off.

I think one of the biggest 'tell alls' was the 2 week plateau. I was going hard for a couple of weeks- fruit during the day, a couple of litres of water a day and no carbs. And NO weight loss! None! Strange thing was I kept going. I read up on plateaus, I mixed up my diet a bit, had a luxurious day off and threw in some different exercise and started to lose weight again.

I think this is all another reason why being sick is really frustrating. I'm on a roll, I've been on a roll for months now BUT when my kids are sick and especially myself, it's so hard to feel held back. Anyway, the gym I have chosen is really very good, I'm really excited about it. It's very accessible, 5 minutes from home, great parking, a good crache (if and when I decide to use it) and they have aqua fitness!! Ideal for me because I love aqua fitness. The class schedule is fantastic with so much to choose from. I'm keen to give cycling classes a shot and get back into pump classes, tai chi etc

It'll be just amazing to have something just for me. 










No comments:

Post a Comment